learn about each other and their goals for the community.
active listening. To build a sense of "team."
size: 12 to 36 participants.
20 - 30 minutes
- Ask your participants to select a partner with whom they are not well
- One partner introduces him/herself, telling important facts about
him/herself to the other partner, including his/her role in the community
and his/her goals or dreams for the community (2 minutes).
- The listener repeats the information back to the teller (1 minute).
- The teller corrects the listener if necessary (30 seconds).
- Switch roles and repeat Steps 2 through 4.
- Regroup two pairs of participants to create groups of 4.
- Each partner should give a 1-minute introduction of the other to the
2 new listeners.
- Scramble all participants, pairing each with someone from a different
group of 4.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 8 until all participants have heard or given introductions
of the others.
to Top | Next section: Building Consensus